Simple tool for extruding stair. Create flat stair from your plan, convert to poly, select start step and click <create stair>.
Most of stair scripts around are dependent of polygon number order. When you create stair from attaching multiple spline without orderly fashion you will get random polygon order in your editable poly object. This script will sort adjacent polys and save the number in an orderly array before extruding polygons.
- Height: Is adjustable and is overall height minus one step. It means this height is based on floor to floor dimension, not floor to top stair.
- if height is clicked, will switch to mode step height.
- Flip is for flipping stair direction. Object must be recreated.
- Click create will create only shell, for full block stair shift click.
- Extrude type might not have any effect on flat stair, that just option used when extruding poly.
- All unit is Centimeter
v0.0.3: (07:33 3/28/2021)
- No need to pick subobject polygon as firststep anymore.
Now its done via sorting polys which atleast has 2 verts which are not shared with another poly
- Fix random missing riser. Thanks to ali shafiee for reporting the bug. Weld all vertices before extruding, also related to object pos from origin
- Fix nagging messagebox for original object deletion
- Set 2 materialID for tread and riser
- set subobjectlevel = 0 if subobject is still on when user create stair otherwise it causes weird viewport artifact